In Play on Facebook
BIG WEEKEND AS THE TIGERS HOST THE YANKEES AND INDIANS DURING SIX-GAME HOMESTAND THAT FEATURES FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT FIREWORKS, STAR WARS NIGHT, DARTH VADER/JUSTIN VERLANDER FATHEAD AND PRINCE FIELDER POSTER, MAGGLIO ORDONEZ RETIREMENT.
DETROIT – The Tigers return home from their 10-game road trip to begin a six-game homestand at Comerica Park tomorrow night. The New York Yankees (June 1-3) and Cleveland Indians (June 5-7) will both visit Comerica Park for the first time this season. First pitch on Friday against the Yankees is 7:05 p.m., Saturday is at 7:15 p.m. and Sunday is at 1:08 p.m. Games on Tuesday and Wednesday against the Indians begin at 7:05 p.m., while the game on Thursday begins at 1:05 p.m.
Get your Tigers tickets for the 2012 season at Comerica Park now! Tickets are available at the Comerica Park Box Office, online at tigers.com and by phone at (866) 66-TIGER (84437). For complete ticket information including single game, season, group and suites visit tigers.com/tickets or call 313-471-BALL (2255).
Friday, June 1 – New York Yankees (Probables: Crosby vs. Sabathia) @ 7:05 p.m. (Gates open at 5:30 p.m.)
· Friday Night Fireworks, presented by Pepsi, will take place following the game (weather permitting).
· Game Ball Delivery: Sergeant Abigail Brown of the Michigan Army National Guard from Adrian, Michigan will deliver the game ball. She has completed three deployments, with her most recent tour of duty in Afghanistan, and has proudly served for 12 years.
· 42nd Annual Polish American Night: Don't miss out on the Detroit Tigers' longest-running annual cultural celebration. The night of festivities will include live polka bands, on-field costumed Polish dance performances, festive decorations and Detroit's favorite mascot, PAWS, in traditional Polish attire! Ticket packages are no longer available.
Saturday, June 2 – New York Yankees (Probables: Porcello vs. Kuroda) @ 7:15 p.m. (Gates open at 5:30 p.m.)
· Saturday Night Fireworks, presented by Verizon, will take place following the game (weather permitting).
· The first 10,000 fans to enter Comerica Park will receive a Darth Vader/Justin Verlander Fathead, courtesy of Belle Tire.
· The national anthem will be performed by the Motown legend and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame group, The Four Tops.
· Star Wars Night: Over 50 members of the Empire and the Rebel Alliance will take over Comerica Park this Saturday during Star Wars Night. Star Wars characters will roam the ballpark and greet fans at entrances including Princess Leia, Stormtroopers, Jedi, Darth Maul, Han Solo, R2-D2, C-3PO and Darth Vader, who will throw out the first pitch. Star Wars Night will also include a life-sized Tauntaun, photo backdrops and a pregame Star Wars parade featuring Star Wars music performed by members of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra. The celebration will be out of this world!
· Game Ball Delivery: Specialist Rob Moga of the Michigan Army National Guard from Carlton, Michigan will deliver the game ball. He recently returned from his first deployment supporting Operation New Dawn in Kuwait and Iraq. He has received several awards and has proudly served for three years.
Sunday, June 3 – Kids Day – New York Yankees (Probables: Verlander vs. Hughes) @ 1:08 p.m. (Gates open at 11:30 a.m.)
· All kids 14-and-younger will receive an “Every Kid, Every Sunday” Prince Fielder Poster, courtesy of Meijer.
· Michigan native and “The Voice” finalist Tony Lucca will perform the national anthem and God Bless America
· Magglio Ordoñez Retirement Ceremony: Former Detroit Tigers All-Star outfielder Magglio Ordoñez will announce his retirement in a special pregame ceremony this Sunday at Comerica Park. The ceremony will honor Ordoñez and his contributions to the Detroit Tigers. Dan Dickerson will emcee the ceremony, which will begin on the field at approximately 12:40 p.m. Ordoñez and his family will take part in the ceremony. Fans are encouraged to come out to Comerica Park early to pay tribute to Ordoñez. He will be available to the media at 11:00 a.m. in the Cigar Bar at Comerica Park on Sunday.
· Game Ball Delivery: Staff Sergeant Joe Polo of the Michigan Army National Guard from Holt, Michigan will deliver the game ball. He has served two deployments, including tours in Cuba and Kuwait. He has earned several awards and has proudly served for nearly 13 years.