DETROIT – The American League Central Division Champion Detroit Tigers will continue the American League Division Series against the New York Yankees, Monday, October 3, at Comerica Park. All gates will open at 6:30 p.m. First pitch will be at 8:37 p.m.
Monday, October 3 – New York Yankees (Justin Verlander vs. CC Sabathia) @ 8:37 p.m. (Gates open at 6:30 p.m.)
· All fans will receive a Detroit Tigers Rally Towel, courtesy of BallPark and Meijer.
· Former Tigers pitcher Kenny Rogers will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before tomorrow night’s game.
· Special guest Jeff Daniels will play his original song “Tiger Fan Blues” from the top of the Tigers dugout prior to starting lineup announcements.
· The national anthem will be performed by Selected of God Choir. An over-sized American flag will be on display in centerfield during the national anthem. Members of the United States Air Force will serve as Honor Guard.
· Michigan-based country band Annabelle Road will play a pregame acoustic set on the Main Concourse near the Big Cat Court.
· Game Ball Delivery: Master Sergeant Corey Hartzler of the United States Air Force from Saint Clair, Michigan will deliver the game ball. In 19 years of service in the Air Force, he has been deployed 12 times with his more recent tour of duty served in Iraq to support Operation Iraqi Freedom as a Combat Aviation Advisor. He has previously served in Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates. He meritoriously received the Air Force Commendation Medal, Air Force Achievement Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Southwest Asia Service Medal, Iraqi Campaign Medal and the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal.